Hello All -
I've spoken to Bayder, and he indicated that he is going to take a break from A&A for a bit, and asked for me to continue the Tournament of Champions (ToC) tournaments for the foreseeable future. We thank Bayder for his EXCELLENT contribution to the nine ToC tournaments in the past.
Moving ahead, I intend to launch the new ToC 10 in January, and it will be a traditional single-elimination tournament for Revised, with a donated CASH prize of US$100 for 1st place, and US$50 for the runner-up.
Please post here if you are keen to play, or feel free to email me at email@example.com
- The tournament is single-elimination.
- For each match, the choice of Axis-or-Allies will be determined by a bidding process, in which the player who bids the lowest takes Axis. First bidder is determined by random MARTI test die roll.
- Games are to be played by e-mail (unless otherwise agreed), and players should complete at least one nation's turn a day. Each game must be completed within 5 weeks.
- If games go beyond 5 weeks, we may need to Arbitrate a winner to determine who advances...we will try to not use this method. We understand people will be unavailable at times for vacations, etc.
- Default rules are PBEM, Lowluck, No tech, TTL. Please note that standard Revised will be used (not LHTR). Other default settings (if players cannot agree) include Projection of Power (9 VCs), RL for bombing runs, Always on AA. Optionally, people can play online, regular dice, tech, etc. Both just have to agree on it.
- Clarifying Fighters entering combat legally: As long as the AC has a >0% chance of reaching a land-able sea zone (based on LL calc if using LL rules), then a fighter can make the move. No kamikaze figs allowed.
- Players should make their best efforts to ensure that all non-combat moves, etc. are made before the game file is sent, but if one forgets, a player can email their opponent BEFORE their opponent moves with such oversights, and those changes will be accepted. However, for clarity, only non-combat moves (e.g moving AA guns, moving units after combat) will be allowed. No additional combat moves can be made however.
- If ANY edits are made, players should advise their opponent accordingly, even though any and all edits already show up in the history section of the game file.
- To avoid any issues, please clarify OOL for any territories with bombers, multi-national forces, or sea units with subs, etc. When in doubt, communicate ahead of time !!
As a reminder, 1st place shall receive $100, and the runner-up shall receive $50. There is NO entry fee, as these are donated prizes.
Edited by Deltium on 2016/12/27 21:33:36