Login

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Finding and Installing Maps for TripleA
Webmaster
Webmaster

See User information
1. All you have to do is start up TripleA (Yes that means run the program) and click on the "Download Maps" button.

Resized Image

2. A dialog box will open where you can add links to "Map Repositories" (sites that host maps.) Here's the best one to add:

The main link:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/tripleamaps/triplea_maps.xml

Once you've pasted in that link, you want to press "List Games"

Resized Image

3. Finally, select a map from the list, we recommend the WWII series and NWO, and then press "Install Map"

Resized Image

The maps link above comes from the very helpful TripleAMaps site run by Veqryn at http://tripleamaps.sourceforge.net/ ... where there are lots of pictures to preview some of the maps available.

=================================================

The following are backups .xml links for the Download Maps button:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/proj ... pleamaps/triplea_maps.xml
http://sites.google.com/site/tripleae ... ipleA_Quality_Mods_EB.xml
http://sites.google.com/site/tripleawarclub/tripleawarmaps.xml
http://sites.google.com/site/veqryn/documents/TripleA_Maps.xml

=================================================

If you're having troubles with the Download Maps button, you could manually install the maps from https://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/ ... or just post here and we will help you out asap.

Posted on: 2010/3/22 15:53

Edited by Bung on 2010/6/15 23:24:20
Edited by Bung on 2010/6/15 23:25:41
Edited by Bung on 2010/7/15 18:09:23
Edited by Bung on 2010/7/16 21:21:03
Edited by Bung on 2010/7/16 21:21:26
Edited by Bung on 2010/7/16 22:14:46
Edited by Bung on 2010/7/16 22:19:35
Edited by Bung on 2010/8/1 22:49:59
Edited by Bung on 2010/8/1 23:06:18
Edited by Bung on 2010/8/1 23:07:05
Edited by Bung on 2010/8/1 23:07:26
Edited by Bung on 2010/8/1 23:08:11
Edited by Bung on 2011/1/9 4:18:15
Edited by Bung on 2011/1/9 4:19:02
Edited by veqryn on 2011/5/5 9:52:33
Edited by veqryn on 2011/7/21 11:27:03
Edited by Bung on 2012/1/3 6:47:21
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Re: Finding and Installing Maps for TripleA
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
AAAHHHH!!! cannot figure out the maps...I do everything it says and then when triplea starts the download it goes to some error screen...tried manual downloads and got that all screwed too...help please

Posted on: 2012/2/3 18:58
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Linkedin Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mr. Wong Report Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
what is the error screen?

the manual way is really easy, and it is how everyone 'downloaded' maps for the 8 years before we added the in-game button

If you need to install the maps Manually, they are located at:
(Windows) C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\triplea\maps
(Mac) /home/user/documents/triplea/maps
(Linux) /home/user/triplea/maps
Simply download the zip and move it to that folder. No need to unzip if the zip file is properly set up.
Download the zips here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/maps/

Posted on: 2012/2/3 20:10

Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I know this may sound stupid but...I got windows...where do I type that C:\Docu and what is YourName or is that what you type....the error was.. cannot use style screen and then there was something below it...been tryin all kinds of things...gotta couple zips on my desktop and everything...so frustrated

Posted on: 2012/2/3 21:09

Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OMG...nevermind, spent hours trying to figure it all out...when i tried to put in download site I could not copy and paste it, so I put in by hand but everything I was seeing didn't have _ between triplea and maps so it wouldn't take...thanks for your help and patience...still never figured out the manual downs...I must be dumb....but my game is decent.. :)

Posted on: 2012/2/3 21:21

Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am having the same problem I did everything as directed but get this error when triple a loads. I am unable to load the WWII Global , Europe, or pacific maps but I am able to load other maps. Any one have any ideas ?

There is a ton more error message which i can post but i thought i would just try the begining bit.

Thanks

Warning: validation was turned on but an org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler was not
set, which is probably not what is desired. Parser will use a default
ErrorHandler to print the first 10 errors. Please call
the 'setErrorHandler' method to fix this.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=6: Element type "triplea" must be declared.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=775: Element type "relationshipTypes" must be declared.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=776: Element type "relationshipType" must be declared.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=777: Element type "relationshipType" must be declared.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=778: Element type "relationshipType" must be declared.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=779: Element type "relationshipType" must be declared.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=780: Element type "relationshipType" must be declared.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=781: Element type "relationshipType" must be declared.
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=1246: Attribute "type" with value "relationship" must have a value from the list "unitType territory resource player ".
Error: URI=jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/bin/triplea.jar!/games/strategy/engine/xml/ Line=1250: Attribute "type" with value "relationship" must have a value from the list "unitType territory resource player ".
Could not parse:jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TripleA/triplea_1_3_2_2/maps/World%20War%20II%20Europe.zip!/games/ww2eur40.xml
games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: Class

Posted on: 2012/3/12 6:56

Edited by rabidmonky on 2012/3/12 7:17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
rabitmonky,

those error just mean that your current version of triplea "does not understand" some maps.

you need to be using the latest version of triplea in order to play those maps
go download triplea 1.5.1 or later

(or you can delete or move the map files, so that the error message no longer appears for your old version of triplea)

Posted on: 2012/3/17 14:53

Edited by veqryn on 2012/3/17 16:05:45

Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have TripleA installed on my flash drive. However, if I try to download maps from the Download maps feature they download on the computer instead of on my flash drive. Any way I can takemy maps with me on my flash drive?

Posted on: 2012/10/1 8:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ya, inside the TripleA directory on your flash drive is a folder called "Maps".

Just copy or move them to there.

(you can keep them as .zip also)

Posted on: 2012/10/1 17:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
just wanted to point out real quick of late some players and myself had some problems downloading maps ,say server was disconnected,it is working now , just wanted to point this out.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 18:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i dl new triplea version unstable 1.7.0.1. it brings me to 1.6.1.4. version, is that normal?

Posted on: 2013/5/5 21:11

Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
1.7.0.1 and 1.6.1.4 are both using the same lobby, if that's what you're talking about.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
it is an experiment i am running, to see if we can have both version players in the same lobby without bung exploding

so far it is working because the "EV" column (engine version) says what version of triplea you are using

Posted on: 2013/5/6 18:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.
You cannot use signature.